1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer Wont boot up!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ecks45, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ecks45

Ecks45 Thread Starter

Ok, so my computer one day just decides to shut down, and not turn back on... so I replace the power supply, and the hard drive (when the power supply died, it took my Hard drive with it) My computer works, i reinstall all my stuff, and it works fine for a day or two, then dies again. All of the fans spin, and the light turn on, no beeps or display on my monitor though. I replaced the motherboard, and it does the same thing. I replaced the processor, and it does the same thing. I have 3 sticks of memory, and i tried each of those one at a time to see if one went bad, and it still dosnt work... I even tried my friends vid card, and my parents 400 watt power supply. None of this works, i still get the same results. I also tried unplugging everything but my vid card, ram, and processor and turning it on, but that dosnt work either...

- Please, help me, i dont wanna pay money to have a tech guy fix it for me.

Computer Specs:
    400 watt power supply
    Intel D865PERL motherboard for the P4
    P4 3.2 ghz processor
    1024 mb pc2100 memory
    200 GB maxtor HD
    256 mb geforce 4 5500 vid card
    Dvd Burner

(all of witch are compatable)

2. norton850

norton850

OK you replaced the CPU, MB, video card and PS. You haven't really replaced the RAM although what you've done suggests that the RAM isn't the problem. The monitor is usually not the problem but you still need to eliminate it. Since you did put a new MB in the case it's possible that you have something shorting with the new set up. Try the MB out of the case on a non conductive surface and only attach the PS, CPU/heatsink and fan, Video card and monitor, RAM.

3. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck

While you have your mobo out, I'd suggest putting either rubber o-rings or electrical tape between the screws and mobo to prevent shorting out that way. That's a trick that may be helpful to everybody out there.

4. norton850

norton850

Shouldn't be necessary if installed right. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice