1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer wont get past the windows 7 "starting windows" screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pointblank116, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pointblank116

pointblank116 Thread Starter

Hi, i was simply surfing through ESPN and youtube when I realized that my Laptop (Gateway NV79) was running quite slowly and then after a while it completely froze. I couldn't do anything, nothing i did would work . So unfourtunantly i had to hard shutdown it.
    And here's what happened after i rebooted it, It comes up with two options
    1. Start Startup Repair(Recommended)
    2. Start Windows Normally

-I go to "Start windows Normally" and it goes to boot up normally, but then after the Windows 7 logo appears it just stays there and nothing happens
    -I go Launch Startup Repair and it says loading files, but then it goes to a black screen with the logo © Micosoft Corporation and nothing happens

-I tried F8 advanced boot but it doesnt do anything
    -I tried safe mode with networking, it says loading files and please waitt but even after 10 mins it just stays the same
    -I dont have win 7 CD

Please assist me if you can :( I am in dire need.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I think I would run memory and hard drive diagnostics. Maybe included in your BIOS (Setup) or Recovery partition or set of Recovery DVDs tools. Memtest86+ is a popular test. The hard drive manufacturer usually has the best diagnostics for it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice