My computer won't go to sleep

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nslasha

I got a Lenovo a while back and a few weeks after I got it I realized when I put it to sleep, the keyboard and mouse would still be on. I spent a lot of time trying to fix it but nothing worked

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well, it they are asleep, how are going wake it up?

As far as I know the only way to wake up a computer is for some mouse or keyboard action.

crjdriver

Do you hear the cooling fan or fans stop? If you do, the system is sleeping.

crjdriver

On some motherboards, the pw LED will flash on/off and on other boards it is just off.

nslasha

Do you hear the cooling fan or fans stop? If you do, the system is sleeping.
I can still hear the fans but it's very low. Although about the fans, when I turned off fast boot, I could actually put the computer to sleep but when I woke it up the fan would go berserk.

crjdriver

First read your manual regarding bios settings. There are different levels of "Sleep or suspend" ie S3, S5, etc. You may be able to change this setting. Big box stuff usually has very limited bios options however it does not hurt to look.

There may be a bios update that addresses this issue; check the support page for your system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online