1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer wont let me download pictures anymore

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by katriina, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katriina

katriina Thread Starter

Im nine months pregnant and due any day now and i got a kodak
    digital camera so that i can take pictures of my daughter and send
    pictures to friends and family. when i first used my camera it let me download
    pictures, but my camera came with a disk to download to your computer
    i thought it had some neat photoshop so i downloaded it and quickly learned
    that i had no idea to use it and didnt even like it that i liked my computer
    better the way it was before. so i went to my computer and deleted it now
    my computer wont download any pictures and i deleted my account on my
    computer just to try to see if it was just that account and no i just ended up
    deleting all the pictures that i had before. so kodak pretty much screwed me
    over and im really upset about it. i want my computer to download pictures!
    and also i tryed to download the kodak thing again and of course it does
    not want to download. so please help me hurry my due date is getting closer
    and closer!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. slipe

slipe

I’m not sure I am following, but I think you uninstalled EasyShare. You should be able to download the photos using Windows.

Start > My Computer (Computer in Vista). With the camera hooked up and on it should make a drive under “Devices with Removable Storage”. It is often listed as “Removable Drive”. You can click on that until your picture files show. Edit > Select All. Then right click one of the highlighted files and “Copy”. Right click on any folder you want to put them in and “Paste”.

If you prefer a wizard right click on the drive. Properties > Autoplay > Pictures. Check “Select an Action to Perform”. You probably want the first choice which is the wizard. Apply and OK. Whenever you plug the camera in you should get the wizard.

You can probably find the pictures you already saved with EasyShare in Documents and Settings > All Users > Shared Documents > Shared Pictures > Kodak.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

When you deleted your Windows account, you deleted all your files. That process didn't have anything to do with Kodak software or the company.

How, exactly, did you "delete" the software? Did you uninstall something through Add/Remove Programs? If so, what was it? Or did you delete a folder?

What happens when you connect the camera to the computer? Can you access it through My Computer?

You can also just get a flash card reader, and use it to read the files from the camera. That's the simplest solution.

If you need more specific advice, you have to provide more specific details such as the model camera, what software you were using to transfer pictures, how the process worked, etc.

4. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

I also prefer to import using windows...although the kodak camera makes a decent picture and is easy to operate...their software reminds me of something the people at nortons would create .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846387