1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer won't show me the images I know are on my SDcard

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jordan.jpeg, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jordan.jpeg

jordan.jpeg Thread Starter

Yesterday I shot a senior photo shoot and today I went to edit the pictures. When I initially put my SD card into the computer the images showed up, but when I tried to move them into a folder within the SD card for whatever reason I cannot see anything that is on the ad card anymore. When I look at the properties of my SD card it says that there is 1.46GB used and and I know that those are the pictures from the shoot but my computer won't give me access. My SD card is unlocked, and I have tried adjusting the setting on my computer to show hidden files but still nothing shows up. If anyone can help that would be amazing! I need to get these pictures to a client asap! Thank you :)

2. jordan.jpeg

jordan.jpeg Thread Starter

How do I back up the photos on my SD card before reformatting / How do I recover the photos after reformatting? I cannot lose the pictures on this SD card they are for a client, please help Thank you!

3. Tabvla

Tabvla

Hi Jordan, I see that you are new to the TSG Forums. One of the most important Rules of TSG is that you do not duplicate the same problem in 2 separate Threads. This is the same problem that you previously asked for help. Please ask a Moderator to combine the 2 Threads under a single Thread.

Thanks.

T.

4. IllusionalMoon021

IllusionalMoon021

First Name:
    Jamie
    To backup, just copy paste them onto a folder on your desktop, then format the SD card. Then, add the files back onto the SD card, of course.

5. Tabvla

Tabvla

Jordan, your photographs are almost certainly there, but they won't be there if you start "messing around" with the SD card.

Get yourself a cup of coffee and some fresh air and think this through carefully before you do something regrettable.

Where could you have moved your pics..? Perhaps you moved them onto the Hard Drive..? Perhaps you moved them to the Recycle Bin..? Perhaps you moved them to a hidden Folder..?

Try to work out by retracing your actions as to where those pics can be hiding. They are there, you just have to look in the right place.

T.

6. Tabvla

Tabvla

Jamie, he cannot see the files - read his first Thread. Going to be really difficult to C&P invisible files. And if he formats the SD card there is no way back.

T.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1191588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice