1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer wont turn on it sounds like its jus coming out of sleep mode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jennylucy, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennylucy

jennylucy Thread Starter

i left my pc on and it was in sleep mode which is set for 1 hr after inactivity my 2 year old little monkey pressed repeatedly the on off button my partner sed he heard alot of bleeps i asume the error beep and so he jus switched it off at the wall not shut down properly as he dosent have any pc knowledge i turned the pc and the fan starts up instantly but its like there no info going from my tower to the screen nothing comes up and the fan is at full speed and it jus stays like that . iv managed before to fix quite a few virus problems even wen my updates went silly and lost my network adapter i fixed but this had completly stumped me please help as i am lost without my pc my family live far away and this is my only contact thankyou everyone who replys n megaa megaa thanks before hand to the one who fixes it lolol

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Maybe try last known configuration.

Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/930567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice