1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved My computer wont turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yo89999, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yo89999

yo89999 Thread Starter

Whenever i press the power but on my lenovo laptop it will not turn on (instead the power button just blinks as if it were in sleep mode). I have been charging it for over 24 hours. Whenever i pull out my charger cable, however, the light stops blinking. Any help?

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

If it has an external battery, the old, tried and true, is to remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for at least ten seconds, reconnect the ac adapter, and then turn it back on.
    If it has an internal battery, this can be far more difficult so, before you try it, what is the complete model number of the PC?

3. yo89999

yo89999 Thread Starter

Ok, it has an internal battery.

It is a
    Lenovo Flex 2 15 Touchscreen 2-in-1 - Intel Core i5

Model number: 20405

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

OK, here is your service manual:
    https://download.lenovo.com/consume..._2_14_flex_2_14d_flex_2_15_flex_2_15d_hmm.pdf
    I would save a copy in case I need it in the future.
    Page 30 has the meaning of the status lights in the rear, right corner, next to the power button.
    Which lights are blinking and what does that page say the status is?
    Are you afraid of taking it apart? (The battery trick is still worth a shot; but, you would need to take the bottom cover off)

5. yo89999

yo89999 Thread Starter

Ok I tried taking out the battery and it worked.

Thank you very much.

Just for your information the computer was in state sleep and the power button was blinking.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice