Solved My computer wont turn on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yo89999

Whenever i press the power but on my lenovo laptop it will not turn on (instead the power button just blinks as if it were in sleep mode). I have been charging it for over 24 hours. Whenever i pull out my charger cable, however, the light stops blinking. Any help?

If it has an external battery, the old, tried and true, is to remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for at least ten seconds, reconnect the ac adapter, and then turn it back on.
If it has an internal battery, this can be far more difficult so, before you try it, what is the complete model number of the PC?

yo89999

Ok, it has an internal battery.

It is a
Lenovo Flex 2 15 Touchscreen 2-in-1 - Intel Core i5

Model number: 20405

OK, here is your service manual:
https://download.lenovo.com/consume..._2_14_flex_2_14d_flex_2_15_flex_2_15d_hmm.pdf
I would save a copy in case I need it in the future.
Page 30 has the meaning of the status lights in the rear, right corner, next to the power button.
Which lights are blinking and what does that page say the status is?
Are you afraid of taking it apart? (The battery trick is still worth a shot; but, you would need to take the bottom cover off)

yo89999

Ok I tried taking out the battery and it worked.

Thank you very much.

Just for your information the computer was in state sleep and the power button was blinking.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online