1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer won't work after factory restart

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Shelbym98, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shelbym98

Shelbym98 Thread Starter

I have a dell inspiron 17 laptop. So I did a factory restart on my computer. Now when I try to set it up after I put in my country and timezone it wants to install an update. I followed all the steps for connecting it to the internet and letting it run whatever it need to do, but it's not working. It keeps wanting to go through the process over and over again. I've probably done it like 10 times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You can skip the update phase and move on. Do Windows Update later.

3. Shelbym98

Shelbym98 Thread Starter

It won't let me

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Restart the install, it takes only 10 mins to get to the point where you were. Then Skip setting up the network, and then it won't do updates.

5. Shelbym98

Shelbym98 Thread Starter

How, because I only get to see two pages.the one that ask about my preferred language and time zone and the one in the picture

Attached Files:

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Are you using a Windows DVD to do the re-install ?

7. Shelbym98

Shelbym98 Thread Starter

So the problem started with when ever I logged into my computer instead of seeing my desktop I was a black screen and had a movable mouse. I tried all the solutions I could find online and when non of them worked I did a factor reset. After it was done this problem arose.

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

The best way is to download the MS Media Creation Tool. Use it to generate a Windows DVD or USB stick. Then if you want to keep data, run the Setup.exe on the media. If you want to clean out evrything, boot with the media and choose Custom Install erasing all partitions. This way, you get the latest version of Win 10.

9. Shelbym98

Shelbym98 Thread Starter

I tried to do what you suggested, the only problem is that these are the only screens that I see no matter what I try. 20181220_220316.jpg 20181220_232453.jpg

Attached Files:

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

You can ask a friend to help you generate the DVD. You must be able to boot up a DVD.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice