my CPU speed problems...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Iamnameless

I wasn't sure where yo post this so I'll try this forum...

I put together a desktop for myself and used an Athlon XP 1500, which is supposedto run at a clock speed of 1.33Ghz I think, however my frequency is only registering at 667Mhz, which is
1) too slow
2) exactly 1/2 of what its supposed to be...
I am running it on a ECS K7S5A motherboard.
Here is my question...
Is there some setting or switch somewhere I missed when I was putting it together that causes it to run at such a speed?
Thanks for the help...I hope...

Have you downloaded the latest bios flash for your board, could be it doesn't recognize the chip due to an older bios.

You could try entering setup, go to the processor setup page and set the multiplier for 10 and the bus to 133.

If for some reason it doesn't boot you will need to hold down the page up key to reset processor to defaults

Hey Iamnameless, I had that same problem too with that mother board. What I did to fix it was clear the cmos, that should work. When i did it it fixed it right up :)
Clear the CMOS :) hope this works cya

Iamnameless

uh...another dumb question from me...how in blazes to I clear CMOS? I've never done it before...

here are the jumper settings for your motherboard
http://205.158.63.158/manual/k7s5aj.zip

Jumper JP4: Clear CMOS Memory
Use this jumper to clear the contents of the CMOS memory. You
may need to clear the CMOS memory if the settings in the Setup
Utility are incorrect and prevent your main board from operating.
To clear the CMOS memory, disconnect all the power cables from
the mainboard and then move the jumper cap into the CLEAR
setting for a few seconds.
Function Jumper Setting
Clear CMOS Memory Short Pins 1-2
Normal Operation Short Pins 2-3

Iamnameless

Ok...that kinda worked...I say kinda because my just increased to 1.0GHz ie...10 x 100MHz...this is still short of what it should be...I'm happy, but there must be something that I'm still missing...if noone can think of anything...thanks for all the help anyways...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online