Solved My CPU won't boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Samip.g

Okay so, my monitor won't display Anything, I tried switching to my TV still same problem, but here is a deal, all the light works inside the case, they keyboards are all lit the mouse too. But when I press the power button it instantly turns off. You know how you had to.hold the power button to shut down. Noo need anymore, just instant.
Also the sound it makes is also the same. Both of the fans works too.
Please halp.
Thanks in advance

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1. What is the make and full model details of the computer
2 What is the OS
3. Is it a laptop or a desktop
4. How long have you had the problem and please list all you have tried

Samip.g

1. What is the make and full model details of the computer
2 What is the OS
3. Is it a laptop or a desktop
4. How long have you had the problem and please list all you have tried
It's a custom build pc, built by my friend. Gtx 970 graphic card
550w power supply
Intel i5 4690 k
Z97x gaming 5
mother board
It's a desktop and this problem happened since yesterday.
I only tried to take out the power cord and replacing them. No succes.

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
Sounds like it isn't completing POST, which is typically a sign of faulty hardware, or possibly just something loose/connected improperly.

With the computer off and unplugged from AC power, open it up and ensure all cards (ie: video card, RAM, etc.) are properly inserted and all data and power cables are still properly attached.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1.I agree and whilst it is unlikely to be the cause that motherboard has integrated graphics on the processor

Integrated Graphics Processor - Intel® HD Graphics support:
  1. 1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected]
  2. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected]
    * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
  3. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of [email protected] or [email protected]
    * Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
  4. Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
  5. Maximum shared memory of 512MB
2. The connection for that is on the I/O plate where the mouse keyboard LAN etc connect
The connection for the Gtx 970 graphic card is on the rear panel below the I/O plate
It maybe worthwhile trying the integrated graphics just in case it is the card
That is less likely I think to be the cause, but still worthy of trying

The main suspect unless a more serious hardware fault - eg the motherboard itself MAY well be the PSU
You are probably going to have to open the case so check the PSU details make and model and post those

Whilst you have the case open check for dust build up on the fans , processor cooling fan and fins

Samip.g

Yes. Thank you very much for your help! I will check it when I get home. And post the result. It might even be tommorow.

Samip.g

The PSU is pro550w xfx play hard, core Edison fully wired. No dust built up what so ever.

Samip.g

Sounds like it isn't completing POST, which is typically a sign of faulty hardware, or possibly just something loose/connected improperly.

With the computer off and unplugged from AC power, open it up and ensure all cards (ie: video card, RAM, etc.) are properly inserted and all data and power cables are still properly attached.
They all seem to be attached. Properly.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It could be the PSU but it is quite a good make XFX
Try the graphics suggestion
Do you not get any screen whatsoever
What is usually displayed
Post screen
then windows logo

I know you say since yesterday - is there any background to this - mains power cut, storm, sudden shut down etc.

Samip.g

It could be the PSU but it is quite a good make XFX
Try the graphics suggestion
Do you not get any screen whatsoever
What is usually displayed
Post screen
then windows logo

I know you say since yesterday - is there any background to this - mains power cut, storm, sudden shut down etc.
Well how it happened was, the PC suddenly froze, so I force closed the PC and when I try and boot the pc, I just get no sinal, monitor is going to sleep message.
Thanks for your time

crjdriver

Do some basic troubleshooting.
System OFF, do the following;
1 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
2 Pull out any add-in cards. Pull your video card. Connect monitor to the onchip port that is on the back of the mb
3 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, scanner, hub, external drive, etc. Leave your keyboard connected.
4 Reseat the following, ram, atx px connector, aux pw connector
5 Clear cmos. On a gigabyte board, you simply short the two pins with a small screwdriver or other metal. No jumpers are used
6 Now pw ON and see if you get a display ie board completes POST. If you do, shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it will not POST in the above config, then you will need to swap parts with known good units ie mb, pw supply, etc.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Also did you try and connect to TV with same cable as to monitor
If so it is worthwhile trying another cable
The sequence of he sudden freeze MAY suggest the graphics card so, as I mentioned try connecting to the onboard graphics
As mentioned by my colleague crjdriver, you may have to take out graphics card, or you may get away with simply disconnecting that and connecting to the I/O graphics which I explained in my post

Samip.g

Er. Wait you can connect the monitor to the graphic card straight away? :eek: I just connect it the the GPU... Anyways when I plug it onto the graphic card this is what I get this. https://postimg.org/image/h0m20zsbv/212329c6/
(Check the link) the reason I just connect my monitor to GPU was because the graphics card don't support the vgs cable.

Samip.g

Anyways updates, after going through repairs, it seems to be working after the monitor is connected to the graphic card. I guess I will need a new monitor. Thanks for yur help guys

Samip.g

Update: I just plugged my VGA cable to my GPU and I now have 2 screens! And when I unplug the HDMI cable from the graphic card...I get nothing again. What's happening?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online