1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My cursor moves independently

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by asduskun, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asduskun

asduskun Thread Starter

hi all,

Why does my cursor goes in the opposite way or the way it wants when i move somewhere? i use laptop touchpad,shall i make hijackthis? thanks

2. asduskun

asduskun Thread Starter

why doesn t anybody help?

3. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

For starters, you don't tell us anything useful about your laptop. It would help to know some information such as brand, model, operating system, general condition of the machine (is the track pad damaged, any new software installed lately?). The majority of problems with flaky track pads are simply due to not having the correct drivers installed. That's usually a simple fix, but without more system info, we can't do much. Sorry not to be more responsive, but the quality of help you get is often related to the quality of information you provide.

4. asduskun

asduskun Thread Starter

ok then sorry, my laptop is toshiba a205 s4797 and operating system is win 7 and it s 3 year old machine that s i have been using it for three years, it s ok, working fine but i don t know why does this happen?

5. machv

machv

It seems to me that your touchpad is starting to go. Your laptop is 3yrs old after all. I had mine die too from the heat i had a broken LCD and used an external screen for a while till i got it replaced and i kept the lid closed which led to it overheating when i played games. You can try downloading an updated touchpad driver from Toshiba and see if that does anything or if you have it already then go into settings and see if you can reverse the controls so that it does the opposite movements which if you can do that would fix the problem until your touchpad finally has enough and gives up the ghost. Alternatively you could use an external mouse which would definitely solve the problem and if you are reluctant to use one because of the hassle of using one because of the confines when you are out and about with a laptop then get one of the ball mice that doesn't require you to physically move it to work. Let me know what happens and if this helped at all? Have a great day

6. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Since your laptop is 3 years old and Windows 7 has been out for littler over 2 years.

What OS did this machine come with, before upgrading to Windows 7?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948833