Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My dell laptop says "No boot device found"(check image plz)

772 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sarah99 
#1 ·
Hey! Please help me! I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, I don't really know much about computers sadly. Can I please be advised on what to do next? Help would be very much appreciated. This is what the screen shows when I switch the laptop on.
Computer Personal computer Font Display device Gadget

See less See more
#4 ·
Have you tried the freezer trick? If you recover the data quick enough you can save your most important data.

Note: this wont work if there isnt another computer to connect it to. The freezer trick dosen't always work either. But it may.

Reactions: sarah99
#6 ·
The freezer trick is when you put the hard drive in the freezer overnight and take it out the next day. Then you plug in a sata to usb cable and the sata end on the hard drive and the usb end on the computer and choose which data you want to back up. Those are on ebay pretty cheap. Depending on the state of the drive, you may need to get a computer program off the internet to do that.

If i am wrong about the cable type needed anyone feel free to correct me.
Sorry you have to buy something, but its way cheaper than going to a professional. 10 or 20 dollars for a cable compared to hundreds for a professional is way cheaper.

#7 ·
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! I will try doing that,time to google how to remove a hard drive:LOL: Well I'm glad I found this website because I was checking on youtube and told sth like press F2? It was sooo frustrating because I got a different display from the expected. :)

#8 ·
If you can get your needed data off that hard drive, good.

But that freeze trick isn't a repair or fix for the hard drive.
This is why backups to different media are wise.
You still need to replace that hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.