My dell pc will not recognize my kindle fire HD.

rocky77

My windows 10 pc will not recognize my kindle fire HD I am trying to transfer some fires from my kindle to my pc but it wont let me.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190819165633.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (776 GB Free); D: 12 GB (5 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 05DN3X, ver A00, s/n CN744150C41029.
System: Dell Computer Corporation, ver DELL - 20101021, s/n 4HPQCP1
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you hear any sounds when you connect it to the computer?

Check Device Manager to see if there are any devices with an ! icon.

rocky77

Yes it dings when i connect to pc and also i see the fire recognized in the device and drives,but when i click on the fire icon it says there are no files?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes it dings when i connect to pc and also i see the fire recognized in the device and drives,but when i click on the fire icon it says there are no files?
Some tablets may have a setting that will allow the computer to view the data on it. I had to look it up, but it should be:

Swipe down from the home while it's plugged into the PC via USB and tap where it says "charging by USB" and it gives you the option to select "transfer data via USB" after you transfer, click it again and change it back to charging.

rocky77

My kindle says fire is connected to low power charger but no option to transfer data!

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My kindle says fire is connected to low power charger but no option to transfer data!
have you try all USB ports, both the 4 in the front and the 4 in the back?

Having said that, I do see that you have a Studio XPS 9100 desktop that was manufactured in 2011. I wonder if the USB ports are not powerful enough... You may need to add a USB 3.0 PCI card to your machine to allow the transfer.

Do you have another computer or a family/friend that you can try your tablet on (preferably newer machine) to make sure it's not your tablet? If it doesn't work on another computer, try a new cable.

rocky77

I HAVE a new amazon cable but no we only have one computer. I have a newer kindle fire and it does give me some options to transfer data, but my ultimate goal is to transfer some files from my old kindle to my new kindle. also i have tried three usb ports on front and one on the back.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try the other cable and see if it helps. I would have thought you can connect the two together via wireless if they are on the same account... but it's been a while since I have used my fire kindle.

rocky77

whow i forgot all about my usb3 port...let me try that! The usb 3 did not make any difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online