1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my desk top is too big for my tv

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gtjedi34, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gtjedi34

gtjedi34 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6057 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 182271 MB, Free - 71761 MB; D: Total - 271614 MB, Free - 137130 MB;
    Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., 300V3A/300V4A/300V5A/200A4B/200A5B
    Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

when i plug my laptop into my tv via the hdmi the image is cut off on the outside borders.
    i can only see the upper half of my task bar, i cant see the "x" to close a window in full screen etc
    i tried changing my resolution but it made it worse. so far 1280 x 728 works best other wise its either WAY too big or out of sync with my tv screen.
    my tv is an insignia about 2 years old, 27' the tv looks fine on all other inputs or when i hook up a blue ray via the hdmi so im sure its the settings in my laptop.

please help

2. pip22

pip22

Your laptop's graphics adapter may not have a resolution which matches the requirements for that size screen.
    Basically, that screen is too large for your laptop so you need to use a smaller screen. The larger the screen, the higher the display resolution needs to be in Windows to avoid an oversized image.

3. valis

valis Moderator

moved to hardware.

4. gtjedi34

gtjedi34 Thread Starter

i have screen res options up to 1920 x 1080 but 1280x728 is closest. when i select the larger options i can see less on my tv at one point i found an option to adjust the vertical and horizontal sizing with the graphics media control panel but now that option eludes me

would using the vga make a difference?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice