My desktop window has black edges all around it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hfxcastillo

Hello everyone,
I seem to have a minor problem that I haven't been able to figure out. I have a dell laptop, and every time I go to my desktop window with all my icons, the window doesn't seem to cover all the screen. Therefore, it shows blackness in the background, in other words, its black on the sides of the screen where desktop window doesn't cover. I tried going to control panel and display to fix the resolution or the size of the window but no luck, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem???? thanks.

Your laptop has a "STRETCH SCREEN" setting in the BIOS. What Dell laptop do you have? ON most of the Dell laptops, you can hold the Fn key and press F7 to activate the stretch screen option.

Provide your laptop model for us!

Thanks!

hfxcastillo

I apologize for the wrong info, actually its not a dell, its a compaq EVO N 600C. again sorry for the mistake

hfxcastillo

if any one has suggestion on how to fix this problem, please inform me with the knowledge

You can stretch the screen by holding Fn and pressing T

In EVO N6xx either Armada E,M,V series, for stretching display to max in current resolution, please use Fn+T shortcut. Even in dos mode. You can experience a pixel stretching so if you have 640x480 res in wndows it looks very bad. So if Your LCD can display i SXGA (1400x1050) the quality for that res. is the best. but if you need to stretch 1024x768 on whole display use Fn+T.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online