1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My dig is dying...I think

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cittycat, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cittycat

cittycat Thread Starter

Uh, i don't know if i'm asking this in the right place but i'm just trying to cover all my bases and get as much help as I can. Alright, so i got a dig camera for christmas it's a Canon PowerShot A60. It had been working great i enjoy it i take it to shows and get some pretty good shots. But my brother recently borrowed it and took it on a trip.

I notice a couple weeks ago some lines running through the screen when i took some shots outside. I payed no real notice of it cause my pictures did not seem effected.

But he brought it back and i turned it on last night. The screen was black and the lens noise sounded a little diffrent. I changed the batteries hoping to that would fix it. I changed the card cause i was using a new one and i didn't have much faith in it, that didn't work though. then i took some pictures and they turned out looking like speeding car shots w/ streaks of color flashing across. i tried to mess around with it a little and i got one clear shot off. But then it went back to fuzzy Georgia O'keeffe style art.

i personally think it's something to do w/ the lens, so i'm going to get some lens cleaning stuff. Please HELP! I love my camera so much, i haven't had it for a week. any advice would be helpful. cat

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Are you getting any era messages on the lcd.

3. hewee

hewee

Ask if he droped your camera?

4. cittycat

cittycat Thread Starter

He doesn't recall dropping it, and the day he got there he called me telling me that my camera was acting up. You have to understand i take my camera every where. It's stopped even showing color on the pictures it now just showing up black. I contacted canon support and they told me to just ship it to them so they could hopefully fix it since it's still under warranty. But i'm just trying to cover all my bases before i ship my camera off. Cause i don't know if i could live two weeks w/ out it. so any more tips would be loved. cat

5. acraftylady

acraftylady

If the camera was not dropped or slammed against anything I would take full advantage of the warranty while you have it. The things you mention don't sound like dead batteries or a bad memeory card, sounds like a defective caemra to me or it was possibly hit against something too hard.

6. hewee

hewee

Yea send it back and get it fixed.

7. cittycat

cittycat Thread Starter

Thanks guys, now i just have to wait and get the receipt from my uncle and i'll be good to go. thanks again. cat

8. hewee

hewee

Your welcome.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/243041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice