1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved My display colors are all wrong.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lori 9688, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 9688

Lori 9688 Guest Thread Starter

well last night my 17 inch monitor bit the dust, sparks and all, so now I am having to use my 14 inch monitor, and I can't figure out how to get my display, to change over to true color etc. does any
    one have any help with this one? I sure would appreciate any help I can get asap. Thanks

Oh '' and the error message I get when I start should have been put with the display error.

2. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

Lori 9688,
    Welcome to TSG!!

Sorry to hear about your monitor! You need to change the drivers from the 17" to the 14". If you need help finding the correct drivers post the mfg of your 14" and we will assist.

3. Lori 9688

How to I change the monitor from 17 to 14 inches? and the Model is Leo 14cx SA8405100 Aries Tech Inc.

4. WarC

WarC

Your computer probably already did that when you restarted, that is, changed the drivers. To access display properties, go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Then double-click on Display. From there, click the last tab, settings, to change color, resolution, etc.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Lori, did this monitor ever give you correct colors on this computer? Some older monitors simply aren't going to perform to the newer expectations.

6. WarC

WarC

If the colors are messed up, perhaps just changing the color temperature settings on the monitor itself will help.

7. Lori 9688

Yes It was workng great before hooked it up to this PC.

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

My point EXACTLY........It NEVER worked on this computer.

What are your choices of color when you right click on the desktop and choose properties, then settings.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/104876