1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My download disappeared

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by candybear5, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candybear5

candybear5 Thread Starter

Hi there!
    A few days ago, I created invitations to an event that my friend will be hosting. I created them through a website and downloaded them when I was satisfied with the result. They were saved in the downloads folder and were visible on the dock. Today, I went into the downloads folder to send them to my friend, and they're gone! They're not in any other folder that's listed in the finder nor in the trash.
    These invitations took me a long time to make and I was really happy with the final product. My friend was excited to see them and was grateful that I had made them. I would really like to recover the download if possible!

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

First thought, can your friend send them back to you? Second, did you download a file or a link? Third, if you downloaded them, which program did you use to open them? ie; if you dl'd and opened them as a .doc, try opening the word program you use and click on Open recents..

Last, and this is a long shot, but try opening your browser and clicking on download history. Most browsers will keep a list of dl's for a period of time. You might recover the files through the browser.

Hope some of this helps you recover the files. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice