1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My download speed is terrible

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Asasanator, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Asasanator

Asasanator Thread Starter

Ok i have just started having troubles with my internet i have a local internet company called connecting point if it matters their site is www.conpoint.com my computer is windows vista and my router is a Belkin 2.45ghz 802.11g Wireless But i just used a speed test from http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedtest/broadband/# and i got 0.561 Mbps.download and 1.273 Mbps.upload i was just wondering what i can do to fix it because i cant play my ps3 or anything without my internet lagging me to death please help.

2. Asasanator

Well now my internet has better download speed like 1.23mb but my upload is 200 kb

3. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Could be your service provider...They do vary when traffic does...There are some times during the day that the internet gets big-time busy..

4. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

That is very bad and most likely your ISP. What does your contract state with them as far as speeds go?

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    DSL service... could be distance too.

Do speed tests at www.speedtest.net and see if you get the same results.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are those results for the computer connected by wireless or ethernet or both ways?

If separate modem and router do you get the same results with the computer connected directly to the modem?

7. Asasanator

Ok sorry it took me a while but When i try to do my speedtest at speedtest.net it always says unable to read upload file and i have to reconnect my router and my desktop is connect to my router but not my ps3.

8. Asasanator

Any help?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice