1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my downloads just stop a few seconds in...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by teebeejee, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teebeejee

teebeejee Thread Starter

i feel like i'm the only one this happens to because i can never find any info on this problem, but this is the second computer of mine that has done this.
    i will download something (like divX) and it'll ask me if i want to 'save' or 'run' and either which i choose, it will start and just stop. my last attempt stopped at 1.48mb downloaded, and stayed there for about 10min after which point it would give me the message: connection server was reset

before this happened it would work fine, i had to reformat my computer because of some viruses after 2 years of running fine. i reformatted the computer and i think it was still working fine, then i added the program kaspersky antivirus, updated windows and itunes, and it was when i started to download a certain program (that was installed before the reformat) to my computer called 'protected music converter' that i noticed i had this problem. then divx wouldn't download either, and i'm so frustrated.

my old computer i had in 2005 had the same problem eventually.

does anyone know a solution?

2. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Have you tried downlaoding with mozilla firefox?

3. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

Do you have a dial-up account? That is quite common on dial-up connections.
    Have you tried using a download manager?

You can get Star Downloader Free (v1.45) (or Pro, if you want to pay for it).
    http://www.stardownloader.com/downloads.php

4. teebeejee

teebeejee Thread Starter

ya actually i ended up getting 'download accelerator plus' and it worked in downloading, but streaming still wasn't working until i downloaded mozilla firefox and i'm cured. but it's not dial up, it's wireless cable

5. teebeejee

teebeejee Thread Starter

thanks guys,

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice