1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Dragon won't work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Larry Hirst, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Hirst

Larry Hirst Thread Starter

Hi girls and guys., I have had a new system for several months. AVeriton 7500 from Acer. My system is Windows XP Professional. I have a Program called Dragon Natural Speaking .which converts voice into print. i have Parkinsosn's and it is really helpfull.
    My problem is.It would not initialize.to day( the drogon program.)
    I got t the following error message: "Couldn't initialize the application because of insufficient read/write priviledges in the program directory. Program, directory is c:\ProgramFiles\Dragon\NaturallySpeaking\Program I had to make myself an administrator yesterday in order to do a backup. I feel it must be to do with that. I have been reading help and manuals all day and still can't get program to workif anyone has an idea i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you Larry

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I suspect that the program will only work if you are logged in exactly the same as when it was installed (and as used previously).

When you logged in differently to do the back-up, the system is preventing access. Thats a "feature" of XP Pro, its designed for the security needs of a corporate world, and becomes a frustration for most home users.

Can you power down, power up and log in as you used to?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice