1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My DVD/;CD rewiter HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dovetherapy, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dovetherapy

dovetherapy Thread Starter

I bought a LG 16X internal Super Multi DVD?CD Rewiter about 3 months ago. I was deleting afew things off cumputer, Now my DVD/CD will not work it is giving me a code 39 and says corrupted. HOW? WHY? I need to fix it Please help me not really computer knowledgeable? I have windows Xp service pk 2:( :mad:

2. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Hi Dove and welcome,

Do you know how to perform a system restore through XP? If you do, find a restore point prior to when you started deleting things, and restore it.
    If you don't know how, I hate to be a skipper, but open up the Help&Support section on the Start menu and do a search for system restore. Under the Overviews section is a guide on it's usage.

3. hauken93

hauken93

eh.. i have kinda same prob, but i do have prog to burn but music(use wmp);) but not to apps so when i try to burn apps i only get the message cant copy files try again? (or something like that) and itt says it to i click on cancle kinda booring heh..:mad:

4. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

These are most likely unrelated issues. You'll have to give a clearer description but at a guess, I'm thinking you are using Nero which has issues with quite a few burners.

5. hauken93

hauken93

no thats the problem i dont have any burning program hehe and i only have wmp to use right now and it cant burn apps or zipp files =(

6. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

geez, that's really helpful.
    XP can burn data - it doesn't need burning software.

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

XP cannot burn to a DVD unless third party software is used.

The native XP burning software only handles CD, not DVD.

8. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

They have DVD burners these days???? :D

Haven't had much of a play yet but it looks like Vista offers full DVD support. In a year or so when it's VistaSP9 is out maybe it'll burn HD-DVD's and Blu-ray too :D

9. hauken93

hauken93

:D :D heh yeah blue ray would be helpfull;) :D :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice