1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My e-mail has changed to AOL, how do I change it back?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fongii, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fongii

fongii Thread Starter

Hi I hope someone can help.
    When i was on explorer and wanted to send a page via email, it would be sent right from explorer. Now something has changed , and if im on a website and want to send the page to someone I click on the page tab on top, and click send page by email. it used to be sent right away. but now when i do the same thing, it 1st wants to sign me on to AOL and send it through my AOL email. How do i change it back? thanks
    I went to the tools tab ,clicked internet options, programs and this is what i have : html editor is Notepad--the e-mail is Outlook express(i switched it windows live mail clicked apply then ok, to see what would happen when i sent a page and it still wanted to send it from America online. newsgroup is set to Outlook express,the internet call is set to Netmeeting and contact list is set to Address book
    thanks

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

Did you close and then restart Internet Explorer before checking if AOL was still the email client ? Sometimes these changes dont come into effect until the browser has been closed .

Also (in XP , at least) you can go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs . In the left-hand panel there's a button for setting Program Access and Defaults . You might want to change the default mail client in there too . In Vista I think it's Start/Default Programs/Program Access (not 100% sure but think I'm close enough that you can follow) .

3. fongii

fongii Thread Starter

Thank you. i went to the control panel add tremove and made the change thankds very much

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice