1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My emachine

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Barbara0258, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara0258

Barbara0258 Thread Starter

I loaded windows vista into my emachine windows xp .now it doesn't work .so I bought a hiren's bootcd 15.1 to fix it but I don't know how can anyone help I only want to restore my computer to windows xp.simeone please help.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You had vista in there and now you want to have xp ?.what you have to do and im not sure how experienced you are with computers but heres what you have to do to get xp installed.you have to go into the bios and see what the settings are.im guessing since it had vista in it its set for AHCI.you will have to change it to ATA,SATA,IDE, or compatability. on some computers theres a legacy setting.you will have to change it to one of those to install xp properly.in most computers to get into the bios you have to hit either F1 or F2. after making the change it will ask you to save and exit which is usually by hitting F10. then you hit F12 to get to the boot order. put the cd in and then hit cd drive. then you will see hit any key to boot from the cd and go from there.since you didnt say much other than it doesnt work im guessing thats why there is a problem. let us know if the problem has been solved or if you need more help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice