1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My epson stylus c64 wont print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pa19, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pa19

Pa19 Thread Starter

Every time I change the black ink cartridge, the thing will not print. It's like the printer head is not touching the paper at all. It does go through the motion but prints blank. Or if I finally get it to work, It shows the brand new cartridge to be half empty and runs out after a few prints. But the color cartridges remain normal. This thing cost me $30 a pop as the black ink cost more than the color. I run the utility program: clean head, adjust etc... Does not work. On line support is very dopey. you click on Epson C64, it shows drivers for all kind of printers but not this one.
    Does anyone know what's going on?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Paul

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi Pa19,
    I'm in the UK and with 2 Epson printers in succession they packed up working within 8 months. I found the routine maintenance you mention did not help, nor was on-line stuff much use. I 'phoned their UK office, was put in touch with the local dealer who each time exchanged the printer for a new one. I can't remember the model number (sorry) but we've now upgraded to an "all singing all dancing" colour one and have had no problems (so far ... anyway).
    Hope this might help?
    Richard.

3. Compiler

Compiler

At $30 a pop for black and that the printer if about 3 years old - it would be cheaper to buy a new printer - $120 nowadays gets a great multifunction for the price for low-midrange (Mine was a $90 brother)

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    That series of Epson printer had problems with the print head quiting in them. Since replacing the print head is not cost effective nor user replaceable, not easily anyway, your best bet is to replace the printer.

5. Pa19

Pa19 Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the replies. I guess it's time for an upgrade. Funny how this industry works. After 2 years your product becomes obsolete.
    Paul

6. Compiler

Compiler

Its always been that way... execpt the PC is usually obsolete when you buy it... hence, I never (okay very rarely) every buy cutting edge. I stay about 6~18 months behind the curve because (A) I ain't rich (B) I spend money on other things (C) when I NEED the performance upgrade - by waiting a while, I get it for 1/4 the original price.

I've sold AMD64 3800 for $750 when it was BRAND new to clients... I am starting to need a new CPU, but will pay about $240 for an AMD X4600 dualcore... ;)

Check out this link for multifunctions:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/17/multifunctional-printers/

I really like my little Brother Multifunction (about $70~100) because I rarely print - and its SO SMALL without paper sticking out the FRONT or TOP like most printers. Its under the printer.

Check out these:
    http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/ataglance.aspx?type=HHO

The newer models are improved over mine... Not bad for $100 nowadays. But not FOR QUALITY printing.

PS: Samsung now has the worlds SMALLEST color laser printer for $300... Its easily half the size of color Laser from a year ago.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice