My ethernet speeds are slower than before i restarted my pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keegan23

i restarted my pc and now my download spends suck while using an ethernet idk what to do. I've looked for ethernet drivers and idk which one i need i really need help

keegan23

i pressed the reset this pc option to get a clean slate and now my ethernet is messed up

crjdriver

OK, that is VERY different than a simple restart.
You need to install drivers ie chipset/motherboard driver, lan driver, sound, video, etc. You obtain these from the system builder's support page ie dell, hp, whatever OR you get them from the motherboard mfg's support page.
Run this utility and post the output.
TSG System Information Utility (latest version) (techguy.org)

keegan23

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201124120716.000000-480
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 953 GB (921 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B550 AORUS ELITE AX, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

crjdriver

Here is your motherboard support page;
B550 AORUS ELITE AX (rev. 1.0) Key Features | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
Download these drivers and install in the following order;
Chipset
Sound
Lan
It appears your board has wireless lan as well so install that also
Go to the nvidia support page and download/install the latest video driver
Reboot each time when prompted.

Just my opinion however I never use the reset this PC option. IMO a much better option is to make the bootable usb using the microsoft media creation tool. Boot with the usb. Delete ALL partitions on the system drive and install.

crjdriver

Just a request. Please use proper grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. It makes your post easier to read.

keegan23

i downloading everything u told me to and it didnt work still getting 5 download

crjdriver

I doubt you could have installed ALL of those drivers [rebooting each time] in that amount of time. I will go over this one more time;
1 Download each of those drivers AND install in the following order
2 Chipset driver and reboot
3 Sound driver and reboot
4 Lan driver and reboot
5 Wireless driver and reboot
6 Video driver and reboot

crjdriver

If the above does not work for you, then do what I suggested. Make the bootable usb using the media creation tool. Boot with the usb. Delete ALL partitions on the system drive. Install windows. Note you still must install your drivers in the order referenced above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online