1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My favorites list screwed up.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stinger127, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stinger127

stinger127 Thread Starter

Hello to all. My first post. Running XP Pro. My favorites went to all alphabetic listing including some of what was in my folders. I don't know how it got that way and I don't know how to get it back. With so many favorites its a big mess trying to find them all and put back in the right folders.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Welcome to TSG.
    Apparantly someone clicked on the 'sort by name' option...Which browser are you using?

3. stinger127

Thanks for the welcome. I am using Internet explorer.

4. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

I'll assume it's IE7. Anyway, you can organize favorites by clicking on the star with the green +. Here you can create folders,move and organize your list. if you don't use folders (like one for all things sports) you can also just click on one and drag it up and down to where you want it.

5. stinger127

Thanks. I had to do them one at a time but that was a good time to dump some of my favorites. Geez! I can build them but thats about it.

6. stinger127

New problem. As soon as I got through changing everything and went on my favorites they were all put back in alpha order again! How do I get them off of alphabetical order?

7. stinger127

All set. Don't know what I did but its ok now.
    Thanks for the help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice