1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My first ever blue screen on Windows Xp.... Win32k.sys?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Coco767, Sep 26, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

Hello. Im back with another issue on the old Latitude D520.

I am using the experimental Java 8 on Xp, update 91, yes, i know, its experimental.
    Anyways, i was just trying to get Miencraft to work on the old Machine {I was suprised it even installed}
    It launched fine countless times before without a blue screen {even though it crashed due to Java errors}
    But this is the VERY FIRST TIME i have had a blue screen on WIndows XP. Ever. And no, Minecraft dosent use up all the computer resources, about half.

So i had a few Chrome tabs open, and opened Minecraft to try and troubleshoot it. See if i can get it to work. Ive done this like 20 times without a blue screen.
    Then all of a sudden i get a blue screen. I missed the error codes, sadly, but one was 0x00000005, i managed to catch that one. I got like 3 or 4 error codes.
    Apparently the error was in Win32k.sys, and i went in total freak out. Yes, Win32k.sys, ouch.
    Im going to try to roll back my Java to the last stable version for Xp, see if that helps.

2. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

Right before the blue screen happened, about a half hour earlier, I cleared my java temp files through the Java spot in control Panel.

3. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Is this the same computer that fell on the floor?

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

5. Coco767

Coco767 Thread Starter

So Chrome was the trouble.... i get lag sometimes in Chrome so thats probably why. But how i got a error for Win32k.sys idk.... thats a critical system file so im puzzled on it.

I just switched to Firefox ESR and made a new email anyways. Firefox ESR seems to not give me as much trouble with browsing the web.

Anyways, does anyone know how it could be an eror with Win32k.sys when it was a memory hog problem?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217075

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice