My first gaming pc

crjdriver

I see one very big problem. You list a 360mm liquid cooling system; the specs on your case do not show support for that size of radiator.
Three other minor items;
1 You list four 8gig ram chips. IMO you would be better off with two 16gig chips
2 Your pw supply choice. That is a great pw supply however you can probably go with a 750W~850W supernova and save a few $. The supernova series is very good [actually mfg by seasonic] It is just that a 1000W is somewhat overkill. Nothing wrong with it and if you have a lot of extra money, then it is great.
3 The motherboard you selected supports your intended cpu from bios 1005 on. Since that bios was released 1yr ago, your board should have a bios that supports the cpu. That motherboard does not have bios flashback SO if the board has an older bios, it will not boot and you would need an older cpu to use to flash the bios. Many modern motherboards have what is called bios flashback; you are able to flash the bios without even having a processor installed however this board does not have that option.

Last edited:

crjdriver

I moved your thread to the hardware forum; the original forum in which you posted has nothing to do with your topic.

One last bit of advise. Before doing the assembly, watch some videos and do some reading about how to build a system. Those are some pretty expensive parts and you do not want to fry a motherboard because you put a standoff in the wrong spot. If possible, have a knowledgeable friend watch you do the build.

My only suggestion is to change GPU brands. I'd go with brand EVGA. They just make quality hardware. Also keep in mind that the 3xxx series GPU's are going to be released soon. So you may want to wait for the new 3080 TI series.

Good luck and post some pictures of the new parts and the complete build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online