Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethernet problem "unidentified network no internet"

2K views 36 replies 5 participants last post by  PeterOz 
#1 ·
Hello, so I just bought my first PC and everything has been great until recently. The PC came with 8gb of ram so I decided to upgraded it to 2x8gb and I know it probably has nothing to do with it but after I install the new ram my Ethernet stopped working. It says "unidentified network no internet" I've look at everything I could on google and YouTube and did everything it said to do and still nothing changed. All I know is that the problem isn't the cable because when I use it on my PS5 it works perfectly fine. I have a ASUS prime b550-plus ac-hes motherboard and windows 11.

Here's a more in-depth lists on what I've done:
Running the Network Troubleshooter
Renew IP address with command prompt
Reset TCP/IP also with command prompt
Turn off Windows Firewall Temporarily
Update Network Adapter Driver
Reinstalling my Network Adapter Driver
•Manually put IP address, Subnet, Gateway

Also just an FYI, I live at apartments so I don't have access to a router there's just an Ethernet outlet on the wall.

See less See more
#2 ·
Check to see if RAM is wobbly - there is a notch on the RAM stick but it is not in the center, so it can only be inserted one way. Pressing firmly on both ends will cause the clasps on both ends to click shut. Usually if RAM is not inserted properly machine will not boot, but maybe yours is different.

Since Ethernet is part of the mobo, you will have buy a $15 card if it is faulty.

#4 ·
Open the cmd prompt and either type or copy and paste

what is in Blue. What is in Red is what you do e.g Enter (Press the Enter key)

ipconfig /all >"%userprofile%\desktop\ipconfig.txt Enter

This should put a text file on your desktop. Please attach the file in your reply.

#19 ·
I know you have tried static. Let's try again
Ip 10.83.0.*** (a number not in use) for the last digits
Subnet - check on another My guess 255.255.255.0
Gateway 10.83.0.43

Dns 8.8.8.8
Second Dns 8.8.4.4

Does this make sense

#31 ·
I cannot see how the ram can affect the network. BUT
1) have you put the ram back to the original configuration?
2) When you plug the network cable into the computer do you have a light on the network connector.

#32 ·
I cannot see how the ram can affect the network. BUT
1) have you put the ram back to the original configuration?
2) When you plug the network cable into the computer do you have a light on the network connector.
Yes I've put the original ram back in to see if there is any difference and nothing. There is two lights, one is solid green and another blinking yellow. Also now for some reason the Ethernet doesn't work on my ps5 so do you think it's the cable?

#36 ·
So, IDK what happened exactly but I decided to troubleshoot it again and something new pop up. It said my DCHP was not working or on, I forgot, so I ask to fix it and it did. Again IDK why it didn't show this in the first place, but I'm glad its working again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.