My first website.....check it out

PaveFE

Thread Starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
1,307
Hey all,

Well after getting MS Front Page 2000, I decided to give a try and build a website. Let me know what you think.
It was designed for the aviators in my community in mind.

PaveFE

www.mh-53pavelow.com
 

JustMe2

Crystal
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
1,047
I'm not an aviator, but, quite nice, PaveFE! Loved the music! :)
Seems to me you've learned FrontPage quite well!
JustMe2
 
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Messages
8,121
IM A COWBOY ON THE STEEL HORSE I RIDE>>> IM WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!


Good stuff bro!!1
 

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Joined
Feb 12, 1999
Messages
14,562
Looking very good -- here's a few suggestions:

- Learn how to edit an image and make your background image in the main frame a little lighter (less contrast) so it doesn't interfere with the foreground text as much...

- Change the color of the menu on the left -- I like the black background, but that dark blue is too hard for me to see. A white or yellow would really jump out nicely...

Just some ideas for readability. :)

Good luck and stick to it!!


PS. Flying out of KHGR
 
Joined
Aug 5, 2002
Messages
2,246
hey pave great site. even though i love the music. be carefull
it is an mp3 and the riaa may try say you are offering it as a download even though there is not a place to click on to download it
 

PaveFE

Thread Starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
1,307
Originally posted by buddhafabio:
hey pave great site. even though i love the music. be carefull
it is an mp3 and the riaa may try say you are offering it as a download even though there is not a place to click on to download it

Let them try......:D


Thanks
 

PaveFE

Thread Starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
1,307
Originally posted by TechGuy:
Looking very good -- here's a few suggestions:

- Learn how to edit an image and make your background image in the main frame a little lighter (less contrast) so it doesn't interfere with the foreground text as much...

- Change the color of the menu on the left -- I like the black background, but that dark blue is too hard for me to see. A white or yellow would really jump out nicely...

Just some ideas for readability. :)

Good luck and stick to it!!


PS. Flying out of KHGR
Thanks, I will give that a try. I knew the format wasn't going to be great, but I just wanted to get something started.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2003
Messages
8,812
I'd be worried about the mp3, can't you embed a wav instead. Also, the link to the pdf, it may be just me, but I hate waiting for adobe to load up, most times it seems like my browser is locked up waiting for it. If it doesn't have many pages, think about captureing the pdf pages to image files and posting it as the background for a blank html pages, you can insert a link to the next page if there's more than one page. I didn't look at the whole pdf since it's a pain in the neck to load.
 

PaveFE

Thread Starter
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
1,307
Originally posted by gotrootdude:
I'd be worried about the mp3, can't you embed a wav instead. Also, the link to the pdf, it may be just me, but I hate waiting for adobe to load up, most times it seems like my browser is locked up waiting for it. If it doesn't have many pages, think about captureing the pdf pages to image files and posting it as the background for a blank html pages, you can insert a link to the next page if there's more than one page. I didn't look at the whole pdf since it's a pain in the neck to load.
I'd rather have the mp3, if it becomes a problem then I'll handle it. As for the pdf files, I know what you mean, however, they are pretty big and I just added another one. We'll just have to make do.:(
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Top