1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Flash Drive Name

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iDalam, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iDalam

iDalam Thread Starter

Hi ,

Recently i see my flash drive name change to " Removable Disk " and when i try to rename it, after pressing enter it's back to " Removable Disk " again . This is just in my computer i can see the name normaly in another computer .

what wrong here ?

best wishes​

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    No, it is not just you. Most removable drives renaming does not work.
    I have never seen a need to.

3. iDalam

iDalam Thread Starter

it's not important , but why i can't rename it in my windows , and works fine in others

thanks for passing

best wishes

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Well, I just tried on With a older 512 meg thumbdrive and it worksed. I even took it to my XP machine and the lable was still there.
    So I was wrong, they can, at least this older one can be. I have not tried any of my 16, 32 or 64 GIG ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice