My Floppy Drive is messed up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rugratdean

I cant make a startup disk or anything using my floppy drive...it locks my computer up and tells me my disk needs formatted......then when it goes to formatting the disk tells me theres not a disk in the drive......can you help me.....

rugratdean

Originally posted by rugratdean
I cant make a startup disk or anything using my floppy drive...it locks my computer up and tells me my disk needs formatted......then when it goes to formatting the disk tells me theres not a disk in the drive......can you help me.....
i have tried several disk......if i try to copy a file to a floppy it says disk not formatted so i go to format the disk and then it says cannot do quick format because disk is not formatted capacity doesnt match or no disk in drive .....click ok for full format...so i click ok and then an error says no disk in drive or door is open......this whole time i cant do anything because it freezes my computer completely until the light goes of the floppy drive...

You could try to delete in control panel <
system < device manager. Remove all
floppy devices then reboot to let windows
reinstall.
You could try to clean floppy drive. There
are kits for this. Try blowing with compressed
air.
Buy new floppy.

I'm with deanas, buy a new floppy drive...they are cheap , and it'll save you some headache

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online