My fps stuck at 40 every game

vargamilan1020

So when i was playing games like GTA, Fortnite, Valorant, osu!, and more, my fps stuck at 40. I think that's an fps lock but i can't fix it.

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you want any help here from the hardware/gaming experts, you need to provide some information about your computer.

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------

So when i was playing games like GTA, Fortnite, Valorant, osu!, and more, my fps stuck at 40. I think that's an fps lock but i can't fix it.
Do you have a NVIDIA gpu? I recently had the same exact problem, basically inside the NVIDIA Geforce Experience application, you need to disable whisper mode, that's what seemed to work for me. There might also be an FPS lock if you have battery saving options turned on too inside the same application.

Go to nvidia control panel and go for global settings and Check FPS limit option. There you can change the FPS count. If AMD then go to catalyst and under main setting uncheck Radeon Chill option to off.

With nvidia you want to uninstall gforce experience you can allow the game itself in the settings of the game to tweak, and set the core of your 3D settings to high quality. As far as frame rate limiter it's not fps limit option it's maxframrate you want make sure that is disabled unless you have a specific card and reresh rate with FPS you want to manually set. Here's mine and where the FPS limiter is (max frame).

1622456806488.png

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The thread starter is a first-time poster and has not replied back to any of us in 25 days.
Further comments and advice from any of us is probably a waste of time.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online