1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off again automaticly plz help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by colcar07, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. colcar07

colcar07 Thread Starter

Hi

My friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off and during that 5 seconds preiod the computer makes a weird noise like beping sound.
    His computer is Dell and its XP iam affarid i dont have much of his computers specs. If any one can suggest how he could solve it.

thank you for reading and helping

2. strings3002

strings3002

The strange "beeping like sound" is a diagnostic routine. You need to take note of the number of beeps. Then we can look up the component that is failing.

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Try to be as specific as possible when describing the beeps. How many, how long each one is, etc.

4. colcar07

colcar07 Thread Starter

3-4 beeps last about 2-3 secs i open it up and took a look in side the computer.the beeping it comes from some ever near the hard drive , cpu and the dvd drive i sure i heard the beeping from one of them not sure which one.

5. colcar07

colcar07 Thread Starter

oh yeah i forgot too tell you that the computer does not turn on again i have to unplug the power wire fr about 1 mins and then replug it to turn on the computer but same result after and after again.

6. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice