My Gaming PC keeps dropping FPS in the middle of a game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JackMay

My Gaming PC keeps dropping FPS in the middle of a game. I will have it running on 240 then it keeps dropping to around 12. It was working early and I’ve gone back on to play and it’s only just started with this
problem. Anyone know what to do?

Tanis

Shane
Hi and welcome to TSG.

For anyone to make any kind of assessment we need a lot more inforation.

- If its a prebuilt system what is the exact make and model of the PC.
- If its a self/custom build please a detailed list all the components ... CPU, Graphics, Motherboard, Power - = - - Supply (make, model and wattage), RAM etc.
- What game are you having an issue with?
- Is this the only game or does it happen in all games?
- Please download and run the TSG System Info utility in my signature, copy and paste the information provided by that in a reply here.

The more information you can provide the better.

My Gaming PC keeps dropping FPS in the middle of a game. I will have it running on 240 then it keeps dropping to around 12. It was working early and I’ve gone back on to play and it’s only just started with this
problem. Anyone know what to do?
I'm just getting started with this website and forums. My reply is coming late, and you may have already resolved your issue. I encountered a similar situation as you describe. I'm running a game at 90 FPS and suddenly the game drops to rates between 3 and 4 FPS, very lagged and totally unusable. I could escape out to the setup and it would be okay for a time, and then start lagging again. The problem turned out to be the wireless game pad. Even though the batteries were not that low, they had gotten low enough to cause trouble. Changing to a wired game pad resolved my issue, and was cheaper than changing batteries long before they were really worn down.

I thinks getting too high FPS can cause such issues, set FPS limit to 45 to 60 depending upon the GPU.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts