1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Gateway is misbehaving

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Willy_Wonka, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Willy_Wonka

Willy_Wonka Thread Starter

Hello,
    I sure hope you can help me.
    I hope my problem really is based on Windows XP, since that is what my Gateway has.
    Anyway, one day I turned on my computer, and, as always the screen with "Gateway" "Intel Inside" and "Pentium 4" on it popped up, which is okay, but then it stayed on for ten minutes, and instead of going to the normal screen where you'd see the nice wallpaper and little icons, it went to a black screen with this on it: Copyright 96 - 2004 Intel Corporation, then it had the serial number and this stuff: Intel (R) Pentium(R) 4cpu 2.66GHz
    DDR -333--> Operating in single channel memory.
    Mods
    Total Installed Memory: 248MB Sytem RAM
    Legacy keyboard detected
    legacy mouse detected, and USB legacy enabled
    ATAPI CD-ROM 3M-Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252s
    Error 106
    Press <f4> to run SETUP
    When I press F4 I go to another black page with this on it: Enter Current Password. After I do this it goes to a page I've never seen before, it is called "BIOS SETUP UTILITY," which has a lot of information that is strange to me.
    After I hit the escape key from this page, there is, once again, another black page which says "Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert Boot Media in selected boot device.
    Hey, this might not be the place to discuss this problem, maybe it's not even really about Windows XP, but I don't know enough about PCs or whatnot to know what place to go to.
    By the way, in my computer tower there is now a clinking sound when it is doing the above mentioned problem!
    If any one can tell me what I need to do, do tell!
    Sincerely,
    W.W.

2. sn1p34

sn1p34

Sounds like a hard drive problem, do you still have warrenty on your Gateway?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/408423