1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My gateway laptop won't charge?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sk8rat0, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sk8rat0

Sk8rat0 Thread Starter

I have a gateway mt6828 laptop that will not charge or power on. I don't know what's wrong. It's not a virus issue. Ik that

any ideas?

2. Sk8rat0

Sk8rat0 Thread Starter

I'm sorry to the moderator who closes this I did not realize I was not in hardware when I posted

3. whitekingle

whitekingle

May be your adapter bad, you can buy a new adapter

4. Sk8rat0

Sk8rat0 Thread Starter

Adapter as in the charger?

5. Insanity42

Insanity42

I had the same issue, laptop would not charge properly, even when the adapter/charger was plugged in.
    Gateway laptop as well. I bought a new charger, and its been fine.

Check ebay, bought mine for ~$12, and other then the cord is much shorter then the original, it works. just have to use an extension cord to give some reach.

6. Sk8rat0

Sk8rat0 Thread Starter

I just used a voltage meter on the charger it's not it. I née to re solder (spelt that wrong) one contact on the port. Anyone have a guide on how to disssemble this brand and model? I can't get it completely apart

7. whitekingle

whitekingle

Adapter allows you to charge your battery in the laptop, And charger allows you to charge your battery out of laptop. Usually, we think that adapter is the same with charger

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice