1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my gateway notebook is frozen on the windows start up screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hiibanez, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hiibanez

hiibanez Thread Starter

helllppppppp!!!! i pressed f8 tried debuggin and every other option debugging stays on blank screen how long should i wait

2. Brachamul

Brachamul

I'm not sure, but i imagine your Windows is corrupted.

You should format your drive and reinstall windows.

If you don't want to lose your data, download Ubuntu and boot your computer with it. You can then retrieve your important data before you format the drive.

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I've known Safe Mode options to repair things and suddenly start after waiting over an hour. Did you try the low graphics mode option - 800 x 640 or whatever, in case it's your graphics which aren't being displayed rather than the system failing to start?

4. vicks

vicks

When you tapped the F8 key, did the safe mode open?
    I suggest you try tapping the F8 key while booting again. This time use the arrow keys to move up to "last known good configuratioin" option, click enter. Then let the computer load.
    If this is successful, Please run your anti virus and anti malware/spyware programs.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Vicks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice