My gateway won't turn on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redzzzzz99

Hello, I recently posted about my Great Wall computer not coming on. I have another computer, a gateway. The power button comes on and when charger is plugged in, the light comes on so I know the battery is fine. When i turn on the computer, the fan spins (I hear the sound it makes for like 3 minutes and it stops). I checked online before and they mentioned rebooting with instructions. I did reboot and it did come on however after i turned it off, it never came back on, even after trying to reboot. Can you tell me what's wrong with my computer?

TerryNet

Terry
You reported that this thread is not about your Great Wall computer and, hence, is not a duplicate thread. I'll take your word for it and reopen, but suggest that you be more clear about what computer this is. And please stop posting in clearly incorrect forums. Moving to Hardware.

plodr

Liz
I assume this is a laptop because you mentioned a battery and charger.
If you never see anything on the screen, the onboard video chip is dead. With a laptop, that is extremely expensive to fix. You either have to replace the motherboard or get the video chip desoldered, buy the same chip (hope it works) and have it soldered on the motherboard.

It is easier to just take the laptop apart, sell the parts (if you find any one who wants to buy) and put the money towards another computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts