My Graphics Card went *poot*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Billy36

So I just got a new laptop a few days ago, and everything was going great. I could run every single game with totally maxed out settings. But now, mid-game, everything got unbearably laggy, and I had to lower all the settings, but it even still lags then, but not as bad. I just don't understand how it could run beautifully, then all of the sudden, well...not. The graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, 1536 Mb. Need other specs let me know. Also, the games that where being played where: Aion and City of Heroes. Both now run very laggy. Please help!

daz1

Banned
faulty card nvvidia have had a LOT of trouble with lappy graphics , clearly getting hot for many reasons like its falling apart !!

suggest return it

Well, it stopped working all of a sudden, so I believe it's most likely something running on the background that's consuming your system resources. Have your installed any software recently (specially AV)? check your device manager for your processor usage by anything other than your game.

Billy36

Also, everything is still very laggy, so I'm not sure something is running in the background.

AV stands for anti-virus. :)

And, if everything is really laggy something might be running in the background all the time. I didn't expect it to run only when you were in game. :p

Billy36

ya i downloaded one. no viruses. uuggghhh i didnt wanna need to get this repaired, but i just dont see how it can go from incredible to mediocre in 5 days of owning it!!....ugh.

Might be a heating issue or background processes as previously stated. Have you tried disabling some of these through msconfig?
Not to be a joykill but I don't personally promote gameplay on laptops, just because of this reason. If the graphics card is working hard to display some nice graphics in a small enclosed space it'll get really hot and more than likely just burn out.
At least from personal experience, I could be wrong though.

Billy36

I called dell for the third time, and FIXED IT!!!! it was this sonuvabitch button called Stealth Mode xD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online