1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my hard disk?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by H-2-0, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

i wonder why sometimes my other hard disk disappears..when i turn the computer on the hard disk is available i can access it but sometimes when im in the middle of something it disappears.

2. Bigfella

Bigfella

if your computer is a laptop check the power saving features in the bios. If you havn't already checked in windows check weather its a laptop or not. if thats not it check the cables if you have spares replace the cables of the drive in question also change the power cord in question to the hard disk the hard disk is the little rectangular silver or plack thing. that should fix the problem if it isn't the drive its self.

In administrative tools in the control panel there is a loging system check that for a huge ammount of errors when it does it.

That should fix the prob. if its the hd then back up the important data realy often and expect that it will fail within two years or sooner.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice