my hard drive is noisy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

step22

my hard drive is noisy when in use. im wondering what could be the case. any software i can download to analyze my drive or is there something i can do by my own?
btw is a quantum fireballp ka 18.2
thanks

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Noisy hard drive usually means failure is on the way.

You can download drive diagnostics from the manufacturer of the hard drive website.

Wow. Quantum, that's old. She's getting old and those bearings are getting hotter and hotter and wearing more and more. Eventually the motor will not be able to turn the spindle anymore and you'll be sore outta luck. Get an new drive ASAP. And a new computer while you're at it...

step22

im planning to buy a new hard drive, how can i transfer my existing data into the new one exactly the same how it is now. i mean exactly the same the entire contents.

Most drive manufacturers have cloning software available for download at their website for cloning the old drive to the new drive. Check the new drive manufacturers site for cloning software.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Many times, the new drive will have the software cd with with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online