1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Hard Drive won't Recognize over 40 gig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by htmn366, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htmn366

    htmn366 Thread Starter

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2001
    Messages:
    1
    Hello. I boguht a 40 gig hard drive and instaleld it. I tried to partition it into 4 partitions. I did 20% for the c: one and tried to do 20% on each, except that when I DO make it, it only lets me use 40% basically giving me control of 60% of my drive other than 100%. What am I doing wrong?!?!? Thank you.
    :confused:
     
  2. brianF

    brianF

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 1999
    Messages:
    12,041
    You create the primary paritition first for 20%, next you create an extended partition for the rest of the size of the drive 80%, then inside the extended partition you create logical partitions for whatever size you want the remaining.
     
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65099

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice