1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My home PC

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by anitalynnschlechtpco, Feb 12, 2019.

1. anitalynnschlechtpco

anitalynnschlechtpco Thread Starter

Hello, my name is Anita, I have an all in one desktop HP
    Device Name DESKTOP-8CTAEVN PROCESSOR AMD E2-7110 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.80 GHz Installed Ram 4.00GB (3.68GB usable)
    Device ID 0348 CD8E-8D84-4ceo-BA76-B6ABFBE1B285
    System Type 64-bit operating system x 64-based processor no pen or touch available
    Windows 10 Home version 1803 Installed on 8/8/2018
    OS build 17134.523
    Manufacturer HP
    When I turn on my PC in the upper left corner it says >>Checking Media Presence......
    then under that it says >>Media present...... under that it says >>Start PXE over IPv6.
    I hit escape and it lets me log on, however when I looked at SECURITY AND MAINTENANCE it says Insert removable media(important) Windows backup needs a cd/dvd or USB drive to continue. Under more info it says Windows backup did not complete successfully. I run Windows 10 Home but its saying Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Location E DVDRW GUDIN. I have put in several USB SCAN Disc devices and even a blank CD but apparently I do not know what I am doing or how to fix this. Please advise me as to what I should do. Thank you so much for your time in this matter.
    Respectfully, Anita Schlecht

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    That means it is looking for a networked computer to boot from. In other words, the computer can not boot from the hard drive that is in your all-in-one computer.
    Since your computer is not networked, it can't boot into Windows.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You need to change the boot device order in the Bios and put the hard drive first.
    Tell us the model name/number of the HP AIO and we can help you to do it.

I think you can ignore the stuff about Windows backup, it's just advising you to make one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice