My HP Compaq Elite Series 8400 doesn't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DragonVision

My HP Compaq Elite Series 8400 beeps 5 short beeps on boot, but doesn't start up.

For some background, I was installing a mod on Minecraft ( was running perfectly fine at the time ) but then the game froze and the blue screen of death appeared, it then restarted, but beeped 5 short times with the LED being constantly lit, then it didn't start at all, the LEDs shut off, but the fans are running and the drives are whirring, the shortly after, the power supply fan starts going at an incredibly rpm (whilst still increasing) so I shut it off.
I then re-seat the 4 RAM sticks and clean up all the little remains of dust around the chassis, but the same thing happens when it boots up again.
Is there any possible fix? Since I use this as my daily driver.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online