My hp computer keeps on restarting here and there

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cancel_now

I dunno y my hp computer keeps on restarting but on the first day i bought it, it restarted automatically and then it said WINDOWS HAS RECOVERD FROM A SERIOUS ERROR and it just keeps on restarting here and there. There is no pattern. I have AMD antholon 2600+. 80g hardrive 1 cd burner and dvd rom and nvidia 64mb gforce card. My computer is by Hewlett Packard. And i have windows Home editionl. I am just going to check for any viruses of spyware or anything of that sort. I dont think i have any tho

HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED GREATLY

dai

turn off the auto reboot so the bsod tells you what is happening and post what it says.
if this is a new comp.get in touch with where you bought it being as it started on day 1
list the complete system specs it makes it eaier to help you
it could be a number of things
ram
video drivers
p/supply
software

cancel_now

how do you turn off the auto reboot ? I am new to comps so i am not very good at expert stuff but if u tell me how i htink i might be able to do it

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

dai

contol panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings
and untick auto reboot

cancel_now

and this is sumtin extra about the problem if it helps i check the info and copied it so here it is

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101403-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERE.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 03020246 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F69077CB OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

cancel_now

um i was just wondering if i turned off auto restart will it mess ma system up ?/
i am a newb sorry

dai

no it just means you have to restart manually,you can turn it back on once you have the error message

Sounds like a bad power supply to me. AMD procs. tend to be very powerhungry (but awesome) and i have had this problem with several machines. If you cant figure it out on the software side, i would try to go out and pick up a QUALITY power supply (antech).

I think this is bs. I wouldn't even troubleshoot the problem. I would bring it back to where ever you bought it from. They should have at least some kind of warranty on it. If I bought a new computer and spent some big $$ for it and started it up for the first time and got an error I would be irate. Just my 2 cents.
TK

Heh, yeah seems HP is getting it. I bought mine back in 2-03 and the first month went fine no biggie. Then crash after crash, come to find out the hard drive was bad. But unless you return it within a few days the place you bought it from wont take it.
To make a long story short i had to send my NEW comp across the country for 13 days to replace a 10 minute part.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts