1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My hp computer keeps on restarting here and there

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cancel_now, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cancel_now

cancel_now Thread Starter

I dunno y my hp computer keeps on restarting but on the first day i bought it, it restarted automatically and then it said WINDOWS HAS RECOVERD FROM A SERIOUS ERROR and it just keeps on restarting here and there. There is no pattern. I have AMD antholon 2600+. 80g hardrive 1 cd burner and dvd rom and nvidia 64mb gforce card. My computer is by Hewlett Packard. And i have windows Home editionl. I am just going to check for any viruses of spyware or anything of that sort. I dont think i have any tho

HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED GREATLY

2. dai

dai

turn off the auto reboot so the bsod tells you what is happening and post what it says.
    if this is a new comp.get in touch with where you bought it being as it started on day 1
    list the complete system specs it makes it eaier to help you
    it could be a number of things
    ram
    video drivers
    p/supply
    software

3. cancel_now

how do you turn off the auto reboot ? I am new to comps so i am not very good at expert stuff but if u tell me how i htink i might be able to do it

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

4. dai

dai

contol panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/settings
    and untick auto reboot

5. cancel_now

and this is sumtin extra about the problem if it helps i check the info and copied it so here it is

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101403-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERE.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 03020246 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : F69077CB OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 768_1

6. dai

dai

7. cancel_now

um i was just wondering if i turned off auto restart will it mess ma system up ?/
    i am a newb sorry

8. dai

dai

no it just means you have to restart manually,you can turn it back on once you have the error message

9. cancel_now

Aiite thamx [[; for all your help :) yay

10. TheWeaselBoy

TheWeaselBoy

Sounds like a bad power supply to me. AMD procs. tend to be very powerhungry (but awesome) and i have had this problem with several machines. If you cant figure it out on the software side, i would try to go out and pick up a QUALITY power supply (antech).

11. Anton Wan

Anton Wan

I think this is bs. I wouldn't even troubleshoot the problem. I would bring it back to where ever you bought it from. They should have at least some kind of warranty on it. If I bought a new computer and spent some big $$ for it and started it up for the first time and got an error I would be irate. Just my 2 cents.
    TK

12. PlatinumDrag

PlatinumDrag

Heh, yeah seems HP is getting it. I bought mine back in 2-03 and the first month went fine no biggie. Then crash after crash, come to find out the hard drive was bad. But unless you return it within a few days the place you bought it from wont take it.
    To make a long story short i had to send my NEW comp across the country for 13 days to replace a 10 minute part.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice