1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my HP laptop freezes after 2 minutes!!!!!ARRGHHH

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by graveleather, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graveleather

graveleather Thread Starter

it used to work fine, then it started making weird noises i think maybe the fan is faulty or something? not sure if its the nvidia geforce 8400gs fan or the laptop fan......anyways even after the weird noises started it work fine so i doubt its becuz of that.

anyways i always hold the power button because i cant be bothered shutting my laptop down the normal way and the next time i started it it performed an automatic check but during that i just shut it down manualy and the problems started after that.

i have system restore to factory settings in another drive and everytime i do it it seems to work and the laptop is really fast for like a day and when i start it up the next day it just starts freezing up again first in 30 mins then i manualy turn it off and trying starting up again but everytime i start it up again it freezes faster until i cant even have it on for more than 2 minutes literally!!!!

it came up with bug code usb driver blue screen and dumped memory before and also i cant use crtl alt delete because task manager doesnt come up instead it said failure security options........

im using windows vista 32bit home premium, i have intel core two duo 1.80 ghz and 1.79ghz, RAM 2 gbs, i have a hp pavilion dv6500 notebook with finger print scanner, wireless network, webcam.

i read somewhere it might be a RAM problem but i have 2 gbs plus it works fine the first day then after i shut it down then start it up again its F*****

also it start freezing at first when i leave it idle for a while then it just freezes almost instantly.

i havent got anti virus so im not entirely sure its not a virus, the only possiblitiy its a virus is that its infected my system restore drive

also it does not freeze up in SAFE MODE

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

IMO... you should take the 5 seconds out of your busy day to shut down proper..good luck .(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/902301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice