1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My HP pavilion 590-p0027na briefly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Portijah, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portijah

Portijah Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'd appreciate any help. My HP pavilion 590-p0027na won't power on after updating the drivers using iobit driver booster. I've since learnt that using this program is not great but it's worked fine in the past & hindsight's a wonderful thing. It's got a ryzen 3 2200G cpu/gpu & I've installed 2 x 8gb crucial ram. It's been working fine but after restarting it briefly starts, no beeps, won't post then switches off. If I press the power button it just clicks/led flashes then goes dead. This even happens if I hold the button in. If I take the cmos battery out & drain power via power switch press then put battery back in it'll briefly start again for a couple of seconds then go dead as before. Any help or additional info I can give would really be appreciated. Thanks for your time & help.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try booting with a Windows DVD / USB stick and choose Repair

3. Portijah

Portijah Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your post. Unfortunately it won't even post so can't get into bios or anything, no bios bleeps. After removing ram & restarting, it'll stay on to confirm memory issue (I know ram is not in) 3 long beeps 2 short beeps so this tells me that I think that the psu is OK???? Any suggestions or do I need to rma

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice