1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My hpdeskjet 3820 printer will NOT print!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nykitten, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nykitten

nykitten Thread Starter

Hello...my printer has been working just fine. I ran out of ink, so I went and bought the correct ink cartridges, and installed them properly. However, my printer will not print. I have tried the troubleshooter, and it doesn't help. I tried to print a test page, and it didn't work. An error message came up saying, "job failed, check your troubleshooter"...or something to that effect. I don't understand, it's been working just fine, and now it won't print. When I turn the printer on, it goes through a bunch of different noises...the cartridges go back and forth, and then it feeds a paper through automatically. It has never done that before. I don't know what else to do.....I've done everything I can think of. Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks!!!!

~Aimee :)

2. slipe

slipe

The cartridges come with clear tape over the heads. You have to remove that before installing the cartridge.

3. nykitten

nykitten Thread Starter

No, I had already removed the clear tape...my printer wouldn't print at all...it didn't feed the paper through, except when I first turned the printer on. Then it would feed one sheet thru, but I hadn't asked to print anything, it would just automatically feed a paper through. But when I went to print something, it wouldn't do anything AT ALL. No lights, no sounds, no movements...and after a few min, a think would pop up on the screen saying "print failed". Anyways, I took it back to where I got it, and they said it was "dead" and gave me a brand new one. But thanks for trying to help!!!!!! :)

~Aimee :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice